Among our notable work in the real estate industry:
- Comprehensive representation of family commercial property empire consisting of a series of valuable Manhattan properties.
- Successful litigation on behalf of a real estate holding company member to force the immediate sale of a valuable real estate holding.
- Structured §1031 exchanges deferring enormous tax savings for the benefit of various celebrity clients and commercial real estate ventures.
- Successfully defended former owner of mixed-use building against charges brought by purchaser alleging fraud arising from alleged deficient DHCR filings and registrations and alleged rent overcharges. The Court dismissed the case against our client on a pre-answer motion to dismiss, embracing our arguments for statutory relief and the exculpatory language contained in the Contract of Sale drafted by our firm on the underlying commercial transaction.
- Successfully built and litigated through trial an extraordinarily complex case on behalf of commercial property owner against its property manager. By virtue of years of complex financial investigation, discovery, motion practice, and a lengthy trial, we successfully revealed a wide-ranging fraud created and carried out by the property manager over a period of decades. The trial resulted in a multi-million-dollar judgment in favor of our client, which we successfully defended at the appellate level.