Mr. Rokacz’s practice focuses on Trusts and Estates law, including preparing wills (from simple to quite complex), facilitating estate administration, and assisting with other estate planning needs.
A skilled negotiator, an empathic listener, and an avowed “people person,” Mr. Rokacz brings to his practice both his experience as an attorney and as the administrator of his own family’s estate.
He has a unique background in private law practice and in business management, in particular family business. He possesses expertise dealing with the division and distribution of assets, which helps in advising his clients with practical wealth transfer.
He is a firm believer in tailoring his representation to the unique needs and wishes of each client. He feels a will is the most important document a person can create regardless of net worth because it is their last word.
- Unique background in private law practice and business management.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and analytical skills.
- Counselor for financial planning, investment strategy, family wealth transfer.
- Expert in family foundations and charitable trusts.
- Extensive experience writing wills and creating revocable/irrevocable and testamentary/inter vivos trusts.
- Extensive writing and research experience for construction proceedings and wrongful death compromise proceedings.
- Experience in litigating will contests including 1404 hearing, Putnam hearing and trials.
- Article 81 guardianship and Surrogate’s Court guardian ad litem appointments.
- Experience in Elder Law issues, including Medicaid planning.
- Proven ability to tailor approach to clients’ needs.
- Provides a creative, personal approach to individual wills and trusts tailored to clients’ needs, direction, and lifestyle.
- Creates trusting client relationships to provide expert legal direction and a high level of client satisfaction, resulting in referral business.
- J.D., John Marshall Law School (1978)
- B.A., Temple University (1975)
- New York State, Pennsylvania, Illinois
- New York County Bar Association Subcommittee on Trusts and Estates
- New York County Bar Association Subcommittee on Elder Law
- New York State Bar Association
Volunteer and Other Activities
- Volunteer, Legal Service Elderly Project
- Guardian-ad-litem pro bono appointments in NY County Surrogate’s Court